JasonKoivu

JasonKoivu

Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen, Anna Quindlen

James Herriot's Yorkshire: A Guided Tour Through the Beloved Land of All Creatures Great and Small - James Herriot If all of All Creatures Great and Small and Every Living Thing is not enough for you, in essence, if you are a James Herriot junky, I've got just the book for you!

James Herriot's Yorkshire: A Guided Tour Through the Beloved Land of All Creatures Great and Small is what you want! Herein the author of all those wondrously delightful tales about the life of a country vet in (approximately) 1940s Yorkshire, England takes his fans on a walkabout tour of the Dales where he once practiced.

This is an oldish book now and so the pictures have a dated look about them, yet still it's a joy to see and hear described these locations, some of which appeared in the books and television show. My wife and I spent our honeymoon in England and for a few days we drove about Yorkshire. She was more interested in the Harry Potter film locations I found for her, while I was keen on locating places like The Wensleydale Heifer, a massive tavern (now a "boutique hotel") where Herriot and his wife would go for drinks or a bite to eat.

description (This looks nothing like the rustic, homesteady type place I visited, and is a FAR cry from what Herriot knew. Looks like they've really done it over with heaps of cash.)

No, it's not for everyone, but this book will be of great interest to a certain kind of person.